I totally believe that brussels sprouts is the most misunderstood vegetal… Yes, it might have a kind of harsh, sulfurous odor and taste (and the most awful mushy texture when boiled to death), but brussels sprouts are surprisingly high in protein for a green vegetable, and just one serving would meet your needs for vitamin C and vitamin K for the day.
Oven-roasting Brussels sprouts brings out their sweet, almost nutty flavour and keeps them crisp and the high fibre content just keeps your tummy full until next meal!
And it couldn’t be easier to prepare.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 ºC.
- Wash and cut each little cabbage into quarters.
3. Place them in an oven tray and season with salt (I’ve added dried oregano but it’s definitely optional).
4. Place in the oven and roast for 30 to 45 minutes (shake the tray every 10 minutes or so to make sure they cook evenly)
5. I’ve seasoned it with a balsamic vinaigrette (3 parts of olive oil to 1 of balsamic vinegar) but you could even use a bit of chilli or garlic seasoned olive oil for a little kick.
Simple, healthy and delicious…