And today I wanted to share a healthy, nutrient-packed sweet treat, easy and quick to prepare and only using raw and easy-to-find ingredients. And guaranteed to be loved by your little ones, especially if you ask them to help!
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1 cup dried fruit (I bought a bag of tropical dried fruit with mango, papaya and pineapple but you can use any combination or just one variety; preferably low added sugar for a healthier snack)
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Place all ingredients, except coconut, in a food processor and blend for about 1 minute or until they stick together.
- With a tablespoon, take a bit of the mixture and shape it into a ball with wet hands.
- Roll it in coconut and that’s it!
Naturally sweet and lemon flavoured fruit balls covered in coconut and guaranteed to please your sweet-tooth!